Do you have clothes in your wardrobe you haven’t worn for a while? Looking for a new outfit for the festive season?
Donate items of good quality clothing, a pair of shoes or accessories to exchange for something different or just come along with your friends for a fun evening!
Entrance Cost and Tickets:
Entrance costs £5 and includes a glass of Mulled Wine or soft drink.
Tickets are available in advance online, from the Church Office during office hours, or from the Exchange Evening team: Claire Thomas, Gisele Taylor, Rachel Norris, Sarah Farley, Suzy Kopik, Kate Hayes or Jacqui Voller.
You can also pay on the door.
If you are able to donate any clothes items or accessories, you will be given one token to exchange for one item of clothing or accessory in the first round of swishing.
If you are not able to donate any items, you are still welcome to buy a ticket and come along to enjoy the bar, guest stalls, raffle and a fun evening with your friends! You will also have an opportunity to pick up items in the second round of exchange, for a donation to the ARC project.
We ideally need to receive your donations before the night so that the team have time to sort and arrange all the items. This will help make everything easy to browse through on the night.
Please therefore drop-off any clothes donations in a bag marked “Clothes Exchange” to the church office or events team as above, by Monday 19th November.
Format of the Evening:
Doors and Bar Open: 7:30pm
Browsing Time: until around 8pm,
8-8:30pm: Round 1: Those with tokens, exchange your token for your first item.
8:30pm on: Round 2: Hall re-opens for browsing open to everyone. You’re welcome to take as many items as you like this time, but please give a donation for anything you choose. “If you like what you’ve got, put some money in the pot”!
9:30pm: Auction and Raffle Draw
Last Orders at the Bar: 10:30pm
We are very happy to have the following guests joining us for the evening:
Rose And Ivy London Accessories
Tropic Natural Skincare
We will have some fabulous prizes for our raffle – look out for details here soon!
Rules and Notes:
- Please donate good quality, clean items of clothing, which includes bags, scarves, belts, jewellery and shoes. If you don’t wear it, you may as well swap it!
- We request that you do not donate the following items: damaged items, swimwear, underwear, nightwear or earrings.
- You will have time to browse the clothes on the night but no one can claim items as their own before the exchange bell rings.
- Please be kind to each other, we don’t want any tussles, hissy fits or fallings outs! Organisers will be on hand to adjudicate decisions with the toss of a coin.
- Everything given to the event will be treated as a donation. Some items may be auctioned off during the event, and any leftovers will be used for the benefit of the ClothesBank.
Our Last Event:
Click here for photos from our first successful evening!