We were really pleased to receive so many fantastic entries this year for our photo competition! This may be a reflection of one of the positives of this year, which has been a little more time for us to get out and appreciate the wonderful village we are lucky to live in.
It was a tough job to pick the winners, but Stephanie Cronin of Summers Photography has selected 13 excellent images which reflect some of the beautiful countryside, buildings and activities of Binfield:
- January: Murrell Hill Lane, Marina Hierro
- February: The WI in Spoonville (Foxes’ Den Cafe), David Cann
- March: Rainbow over Binfield, Paul Milligan
- April: Bluebell Woods, Duncan Fraser
- May: Pitts Bridge, Paul Milligan
- June: Binfield Cricket Club, Mandy Bryant
- July: Wheat Field off Wicks Green, Sandie Harvey
- August: Popes Meadow, Jody Couch
- September: Moor Close at Newbold College, Mandy Bryant
- October: All Saints’ in Autumn, Martin Britton
- November: Forest Road in Lockdown, Keith Wilson
- December: Stag and Hounds in the snow, Chris Bickley
Our front cover will be taken from this lovely photo of All Saints’ in the Spring by David Cann.
And the overall winner is…
Stephanie has chosen this photo from Paul Milligan as the overall winner, for the perfect timing and as a great reflection of this year! Paul will receive the prize, kindly donated by Stephanie, of an online photography course.
Congratulations to Paul and all those who made it into the calendar!
Calendars on sale soon!
We’re really excited to see the 2021 Calendar which is going to look fantastic, and will be available to buy for £10 really soon from our lovely sellers: Crema, The Foxes’ Den Cafe, Moor Cottage Vets and The Binfield Club. You can also arrange to by a copy by emailing email@example.com and we can arrange local delivery.
Thank you for supporting this fundraising project, especially when we have not been able to organise so much this year! The profits from the sales of the calendar this year will be split between the ARC Project and St. Mark’s Church as both of our churches are now in need of repair! You can read more about this on our fundraising page here.
Finally, a big thank you to Carolyn Adams for arranging sponsorship of the calendar, and to our sponsors: Keith Gibbs Estate Agents, Drayton Boiler Services, Miles & Daughters Funeral Directors, Total Tyre & Exhaust Co. The Binfield Club, Moor Cottage Veterinary Hospital, David Cliff Estate Agents, We Repair Tech, Binfield Parish Council, The Foxes’ Den Cafe, Summers Photography and Advantage PrintRoom.