Despite being a little last minute this year, we were really pleased to receive more fantastic entries for this year’s photo competition! They were all wonderful shots, with the beautiful parks and woods around Murrell Hill Lane/Amen Corner being a popular subject!
It was a tough job to pick the winners, but 13 excellent images have been selected which best reflect well-known countryside, places and landmarks around our village:
- January: Cottage on Murrell Hill Lane, Steve Friend
- February: Stubbs Hill, Tania Chizlett
- March: Blossom on the Path to Pocket Copse, Sandie Harvey
- April: ‘Secret Park’ Tree in Jubilee Fields, Janine Wetherall
- May: Entrance to Popes Meadow, Alexandra Bartlam
- June: Summer Meadow, Amandine Painton
- July: Piglittle Field, Garry Glover
- August: York Road Playground from the tunnel, Lily Alltree (aged 10)
- September: Horse field on Murrell Hill Lane, Nicola Weaving
- October: Autumnal Binfield Scene, Tania Chizlett
- November: Remembrance at All Saints’, Garry Glover
- December: Forest Road in the snow, Keith Wilson
Our front cover is of one of our beautiful Binfield trees – this one was captured by Amandine Painton in the field opposite the Stag and Hounds.
Calendars on sale now!
The 2022 Calendar is already printed and looking fantastic and is available to buy for £10 from our lovely sellers: the Church office, Crema, The Foxes’ Den Cafe and The Binfield Club. They will be available to buy at church on Sundays, or you can also arrange to by a copy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange local delivery.
Thank you for supporting our fundraising project, especially when we were still not able to organise so much this year! The profits from the sales of the calendar this year will go to our re-branded initiative – The Church Care Project. You can read more about this on our fundraising page here.
Finally, a big thank you to: Carolyn Adams for helping to produce the calendar and for arranging sponsorship, to our sponsors: Keith Gibbs Estate Agents, Drayton Boiler Services, Miles & Daughters Funeral Directors, Total Tyre & Exhaust Co. The Binfield Club, David Cliff Estate Agents, We Repair Tech, Binfield Parish Council, The Foxes’ Den Cafe, and to Advantage PrintRoom for their printing services. Also many apologies for the typos on two of our winners names in the calendar!